5 Jewellery Pieces Every Girl Must Get Her Hands On
The key to going from drab to fab is picking the right accessories. Here are the hottest pieces this summer.
1. Statement Necklace – Every girl must own a couple of statement neckpieces. An important rule to follow is to keep the earrings simple while wearing a statement necklace. So wear a pair of minimal studs in the same colour as the necklace that you’re wearing. Bold necklaces are very fashionable at the moment. Make a statement in the boardroom with a statement necklace paired with a white cotton shirt and trousers. A funky alternative is to wear a statement necklace with a sari for work. It will make a serious statement for sure. You could also explore your punk side by wearing a necklace with spikes and stones. It’s edgy and very chic especially when worn with a linen dress for summer.
2. Layered Pendants – Layering pendants is a very bohemian trend. This trend has been spotted at all fashion weeks across the globe. Wear turquoise and citrine coloured pendants with a white cotton midi dress to be summer ready. Another way to be a gypsy goddess is to wear a few pendant necklaces with a pair of jeans and a casual shirt.
3. Tassel Earrings – Tassels are trending on all runways the world over. An easy and quick way to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe is to own a pair of tassel earrings. There are a few ways that you can flaunt tassel earrings. You can pair them with a pair of denim shorts and a funky tie and dye T-shirt to chill out at a pool party this summer. Another way to wear the tassel trend is to wear the earrings with a floral printed maxi dress for a summer party. Tassels for me mean freedom and summer is the perfect season to have fun with them.
4. Bold Blue Rings – Blue is the trendiest colour of the season. So why not buy a few bold rings in shades of blue? Turquoise, aqua and indigo are all fashionable colours right now. Wear a bold ring with a chikankari kurta and leggings for a day out with your family. Or wear these rings with a shift dress in navy or white for a movie date with your special someone.
5. Hand Harness – Besides rings, hand harnesses or haathphools are funky and fun. You’ll be insta-cool if spotted wearing a hand harness. There are a variety of haathphools that you can wear. A simple chain link hand harness worn with ripped jeans is a huge trend this season. An ethnic hand harness with a full-length skirt and a crop top will make you stand out in a crowd. Go out there and have fun experimenting with hand harnesses!
Remember to have fun while staying stylish!
– ShriVyshnavi Annush for Fashion 101, 7th May 2015